Regardless of the cost, business in cold climates cannot afford to neglect heating their warehouses. One of the largest contributing factors to high heating costs is stratification — when air at different temperatures forms into layers.
Speedshield is a lift truck monitoring system that plugs into the wiring harness of your lift equipment. Using some of the most advanced telemetry solutions for fleet safety, Speedshield provides unprecedented levels of performance for your assets giving you significant economic, environmental and operations benefits.
The technology gives you online access to your lift truck fleet using wireless fleet management and can save you $600 to $1,000 per unit annually while reducing your fleet emissions and energy consumption for only about $1.00 a day!
With Speedshield you have access to customized online reporting, specialized fleet safety applications and can customize the solutions that are the best fit for your fleet. By taking your fleet management to the next level you will not only improve safety for your team but lower your overall material handling costs.
Speedshield Fleet Management Provides & Monitors:
- Operation of the lift truck by individual operator and hours
- The ability to configure and control what operators are authorized on each specific piece of equipment
- The ability to register operators certifications and training, and require them to be up-to-date in order to operate equipment
- Paperless, configurable OSHA-approved startup/inspection checklists
- Configurable email alerts for inspection failures and/or the ability to “lock out” the equipment for specific failures
- Checklists are stored online and can be accessed anytime
- Two levels of impact detection, configurable by g-force readings
- Lower level impact information is stored for reporting and tracking
- Critical impacts will shut down and lock out the equipment until restarted by an authorized individual
- Configurable email alerts for impacts
- Excess idle engine shutoff after a configurable period of time to save fuel, reduce equipment hours and emissions
- Hour meter tracking, with KPI measurements like traction hours, lift hours, idle hours by operator
- Tracking/notification for regular maintenance with configurable email alerts
- If vehicle is equipped with a seat belt sensor, the ability to require a fastened seat belt in order to operate
- If vehicle is equipped with a speed sensor, the ability to track speed of travel and set maximum speeds by facility zone, specific piece of equipment and/or operator
If you would like more information on Speedshield contact us today or learn more at:
A well-designed warehouse management system integrates computer systems, material handling equipment and people into a single working system. The benefits are cost savings as well as improved customer service. There are five key benefits of a well-designed WMS. A warehouse management system (WMS) is the backbone of day-to-day warehouse operations. WMS software applications help centralize warehouse tasks such as tracking stock locations and inventory levels.
Zero Information Errors
A WMS can eliminate errors using several methods. You can maintain 100% information verification resulting in excellent tracking. Every shipping operation is system-directed, and each product will move with more accuracy, thus eliminating operator error.
Improved Information Lead Times
Lead times are improved by moving from paper based to electronic transmissions. Electronic data and radio communications used in your WMS lower lead times exponentially. A WMS brings lead times to nearly zero, contributing greatly to your bottom line. The speed of this accuracy assists in everything from faster turnaround time to plans for loading trucks, freight ratings, personnel requirements and order prioritization.
Maximize Your Team
A well-designed WMS increases your team’s productivity. It can select tasks from a queue of all pending activities and prioritize them. It can also provide feedback to the management team to assist with future planning including peak labor hours. When you ship perfect orders, your demand history is not cluttered with repeat shipments or replacement materials for incorrectly shipped items, helping to ensure that your demand history is clean. The correct WMS not only improves your perfect order rate, it can use the history to predict future demand using a “best fit” algorithm to calculate demand.
A WMS can improve space utilization in your facility. The system can tell an operator where to put an item and maximize each slot for the best fit. Ensuring inventory is stored in the proper environment and used in the best order helps to minimize scrap, waste, and obsolescence. Improved record accuracy allows you to minimize safety stock, on hand quantities and lot sizes so you can achieve savings.
A WMS can improve capacity by allowing goods to move more quickly through the warehouse. A WMS provides quality information and with zero information lead time, it can allow you to reduce inventory levels. It can also use cross-docking to reduce handling and storage needs. Cross-docking can be an efficient way to achieve continuous flow throughout your operation. A WMS that can anticipate receipts, customer orders and item movements can maximize cross-docking opportunities.
Before selecting your WMS be sure the system you are considering has the right capabilities for your business. For help with selecting contact us today and we can assist you in understanding all your options.
KMH Mobile Generator: Clean Power.
The Solar Eclipse line of mobile solar generators has been developed to meet the off-grid power needs of environmentally conscious customers across a variety of industries, including emergency preparedness/relief, events, entertainment, electric vehicle charging, telecommunications, agriculture and construction.
Since there are no fuel costs associated with solar, the total cost of leasing our generators or light towers is far less than leasing their diesel equivalents. Since solar stores extra energy and supplies it only when needed, it is far more efficient than diesel.
Off-grid mobile solar solutions go anywhere, anytime. Having assisted in emergency and disaster relief efforts, our products and teams are ready for deployment in an instant. Whether you are hosting a festival, working on construction sites around the clock or helping in a crisis, we have what you need.
For environmentally conscious customers who can’t compromise on reliability, our product line delivers without sacrifice. Each of our mobile solar generators, light towers and telecommunications equipment is designed to eliminate carbon dioxide emissions.
- Custom designed for rapid deployment and minimum maintenance.
- Capable of being setup by a single adult in less than 5 minutes.
- Designed for on and off-road conditions.
- Noise- and emissions-free.
- Manufactured with high-efficiency polycrystalline solar modules.
- Utilizes pure sine-wave outdoor rated inverters and equipment lockers.
- Flush mounted exterior outlets and breakers with backup generator and shore-power options.
- 100% UL-Approved components with 10 year product warranty.
- No special permits or licenses required to operate or be towed in transit.
- Motion shock-absorbers for solar panel safety in movement.
- Deep-cell industrial batteries with extended life and center-mounted for stability in transit.
- Designed for rapid deployment with a standard trailer pintle towing hitch.
- Ruggedly mobile with a polyurethane-coated steel frame
- Custom designed for rapid deployment and minimum maintenance.
- Capable of being setup by a single adult and generating renewable energy in less than 5 minutes.
- Designed for on and off-road conditions.
- Noise- and emissions-free.
KMH is committed to environmentally friendly energy solutions that out perform the competition. Contact your local KMH Representative at 888-564-7978 to learn how you can invest in your Solar future and utilize these state of the art resources for your company.
SAVE ENERGY. SAVE MONEY.
KMH Systems Your Trusted Partner in Energy Management
Your LED Turnkey Retrofit Provider
You are already paying for this project so why not reap the rewards by completing it!
- Drastic Energy reductions and cost savings
- Full Utility Incentive Management
- Improved Light Quality and Output
- Free Surveys and Consultation
- Interior and Exterior
- Controls and Implementation
Reduce Your Energy Consumption
KMH Systems can reduce your energy consumption by up to 50% with High Efficiency LED & Linear Fluorescent solutions!
Quick Return On Investment
Combine eligible rebates from your energy provider and energy savings for an incredibly quick return on your investment!
Request Your Complimentary Survey & Evaluation Below!
Construction and Forestry equipment is too-often left to collect dust until it’s needed for a new project. Doing so leads to equipment depreciation. Renting can be a double benefit to construction and forestry companies because rental fees are often immediately deductible as business expenses as opposed to depreciated over a long period of time.
Instead of buying it, renting includes the opportunity to “upgrade” your equipment as you see fit, which gets around maintenance costs, and costly storage space. For many construction and forestry firms, renting instead of buying heavy equipment is a net benefit for the company, and gives managers the opportunity to try out construction equipment before making a purchase.
Since we maintain the unit, you avoid the expense of upkeep. If a piece of machinery breaks down, we will fix it, and if the repair will take an extended amount of time, we will usually exchange the broken unit with a different one.
What industries benefit the most from renting?
Top Ten reasons to consider Renting:
- Saves money in many cases
- Caters to short-term equipment need
- Provides specialty performance
- Satisfies temporary production increases
- Fills in when regular machines need maintenance or fail
- Helps meet deadline crunches
- Expands machine inventory
- Increases overall capability when and where needed
- Eliminates responsibility of testing, maintenance, service
- Makes the project schedule easier to manage with on-demand resources
With a wide range of units suitable for nearly all projects, KMH has helped countless companies increase their ROI with our flexible rental programs.
A gravity conveyor moves the load without utilizing motor power sources, usually down an incline or through a person pushing the load along a flat conveyor. A gravity conveyor can utilize skatewheels or full rollers. Excellent for the warehouse, back room, & production lines.
Skatewheel or Roller: Which Gravity Do I Need?
Made with steel skatewheels mounted on axles to convey product. This is the most economical type of conveyor. It is frequently used for loading trucks with the conveyor set up on removable stands or supports. Skatewheel conveyors are good for items with a smooth, flat bottom. Unlike power conveyor, the load can be wider than your conveyor if centered correctly. Skate wheel conveyors flow better than roller conveyor. A minimum of ten wheels should be positioned beneath your load at any given time.
Gravity Roller Conveyor
Uses rollers for greater weight carrying capacities than skatewheel. Rollers are recommended for uneven, open, or rimmed bottom packages. They have springloaded axles for easy removal & replacement. Unlike skatewheel conveyors, product should never be wider than the rollers. Use at least three rollers under a product at any given time.
Benefits of Skatewheel Conveyor:
- Require less pitch to convey the product
- Lightweight loads and empty cartons move easily on the skatewheel conveyor
- As the load negotiates curves the skatewheels provide this differential action
- Less energy is needed to turn the wheels and that makes skatewheel good at maintaining speed
- Since each wheel turns independently, skatewheel conveyors are excellent for
Benefits of Gravity Roller Conveyor
- They are cost effective because they require no power to work effectively
- Easy to install, and only require basic maintenance
- They can be used in a variety of environments and fit into even awkwardly shaped rooms
- Gravity conveyors are easy to fit into a powered conveyor system
- Can be modified with curved roller units, spurs and personnel gates
For any space you are looking to utilize a conveyor system, we can advise you on how the systems work, and whether they can be fitted into your particular business space.
Investing in making doors and docks energy efficient can return a different kind of green in the form of measurable cost savings. The more docks with weather-stripping problems, the higher the energy costs in the facility. You can increase your ROI quickly before the cold weather hits and make your docks a safer and more comfortable environment for your workers and products.
Dock Seals and Shelters
A dock seal is a system of vinyl covered compressed foam padding which lines the edge of a loading dock door. Dock seals are designed to close and protect the gap between the dock door opening and a truck trailer so that the process of loading and unloading isn’t negatively impacted by the elements.
Without efficient seal solutions in place, dock operations are at risk for cold air and snow penetration, energy loss, unsafe loading and unloading conditions, and damage to products and equipment.
Unlike a dock seal, a dock shelter is a structure with a curtain style cover designed to protect the space between a truck trailer and the building from the elements. Dock shelters cannot be used in conjunction with dock seals and vice-versa. Dock shelters are typically installed when dock seals aren’t an effective solution or a building must accommodate a variety of truck styles and sizes.
Missing, damaged, or improperly installed weather-stripping on overhead doors and dock levelers can be costly. A quarter inch gap around a standard 9’ x 10’ overhead door and dock leveler is like having a one square foot hole in the wall for cold air and moisture to pour in. The more docks with weather-stripping problems, the higher the energy costs in the facility. On average, effective weather-stripping pays for itself in 2-3 months while increasing comfort inside the facility.
Sectional overhead doors are often specified for upfront cost savings on the doors themselves and not for long term energy advantages. As a result, many commercial and industrial facilities are forced to deal with the shortcomings of doors that meet minimum construction standards but don’t adequately handle the snow, cold, and wind of a typical winter.
The reason is that many standard sectional doors (pan doors) are constructed as hollow shells with Styrofoam pieces inserted. When pan doors are dented or damaged their thermal resistance decreases. When a damaged overhead door section is replaced with one that doesn’t match the original manufacturer, the door sections may not seal properly resulting in energy loss.
Consider the benefits and advantages of an expert solution provider. A qualified commercial & industrial door and dock solution provider can help you design an effective, well balanced winterization strategy that fits your unique operational requirements and delivers long term ROI.
Combilift is the world’s first IC engine-powered all-wheel-drive multidirectional forklift. It is a combination of forklift and side-loader, is highly maneuverable, very safe, cost effective and supremely efficient.
Combilift forklifts are equipped with a unique 4-way steering system that allows the units to travel sideways with long loads. By eliminating the need to travel with elevated long loads, the unit provides greater stability. Its integrated platform with low center of gravity also provides a more stable base.
The Combilift allows the handling of goods by being able to maneuver easily through doorways that are narrower than the load it carries. This results in less product damage and safer handling as well as eliminating the need for oversized doorways or conveyors.
Combilift operates equally efficiently both indoors and out. The Combilift’s ability to work inside and out and to replace a combination of other types of forklift allows more streamlined offloading and load handling in and around the warehouse.
THE COMBILIFT ADVANTAGES
|Safer Product Handling
Long Load Handling
Reliable Robust Simple Design
Indoor and Outdoor Use
|Less Product Damage
Operator and Maintenance Friendly
Maximized storage capabilities
Reduced handling times & costs
Less damage to product or property