What is my budget?
How long do I plan to keep this asset?
How is the machine going to be used?
As your operations grow it’s important to keep pace with your expansion. By using system automation and technology KMH helps you reduce waste and maximize your bottom line. We utilize an operational audit to configure automation customized to your facility.
At KMH we offer Bendi and Flexi as your top narrow aisle forklift solutions. These machines can provide solutions in the most unique of circumstances and challenges. Small and compact, narrow aisle forklifts result in a more effective use warehouse space and lower per pallet cost than larger lift truck options.
Bendi & Flexi have reshaped the material handling market by offering versatile very narrow aisle forklift trucks that can both work in tight spaces but load trailers. For the last 20 years the Bendi has dwarfed the VNA market that it set out to replace. Flexi was the original and the most cost effective solution in the industry.
Regardless of the cost, business in cold climates cannot afford to neglect heating their warehouses. One of the largest contributing factors to high heating costs is stratification — when air at different temperatures forms into layers.
Speedshield is a lift truck monitoring system that plugs into the wiring harness of your lift equipment. Using some of the most advanced telemetry solutions for fleet safety, Speedshield provides unprecedented levels of performance for your assets giving you significant economic, environmental and operations benefits.
The technology gives you online access to your lift truck fleet using wireless fleet management and can save you $600 to $1,000 per unit annually while reducing your fleet emissions and energy consumption for only about $1.00 a day!
With Speedshield you have access to customized online reporting, specialized fleet safety applications and can customize the solutions that are the best fit for your fleet. By taking your fleet management to the next level you will not only improve safety for your team but lower your overall material handling costs.
Speedshield Fleet Management Provides & Monitors:
- Operation of the lift truck by individual operator and hours
- The ability to configure and control what operators are authorized on each specific piece of equipment
- The ability to register operators certifications and training, and require them to be up-to-date in order to operate equipment
- Paperless, configurable OSHA-approved startup/inspection checklists
- Configurable email alerts for inspection failures and/or the ability to “lock out” the equipment for specific failures
- Checklists are stored online and can be accessed anytime
- Two levels of impact detection, configurable by g-force readings
- Lower level impact information is stored for reporting and tracking
- Critical impacts will shut down and lock out the equipment until restarted by an authorized individual
- Configurable email alerts for impacts
- Excess idle engine shutoff after a configurable period of time to save fuel, reduce equipment hours and emissions
- Hour meter tracking, with KPI measurements like traction hours, lift hours, idle hours by operator
- Tracking/notification for regular maintenance with configurable email alerts
- If vehicle is equipped with a seat belt sensor, the ability to require a fastened seat belt in order to operate
- If vehicle is equipped with a speed sensor, the ability to track speed of travel and set maximum speeds by facility zone, specific piece of equipment and/or operator
If you would like more information on Speedshield contact us today or learn more at:
A well-designed warehouse management system integrates computer systems, material handling equipment and people into a single working system. The benefits are cost savings as well as improved customer service. There are five key benefits of a well-designed WMS. A warehouse management system (WMS) is the backbone of day-to-day warehouse operations. WMS software applications help centralize warehouse tasks such as tracking stock locations and inventory levels.
Zero Information Errors
A WMS can eliminate errors using several methods. You can maintain 100% information verification resulting in excellent tracking. Every shipping operation is system-directed, and each product will move with more accuracy, thus eliminating operator error.
Improved Information Lead Times
Lead times are improved by moving from paper based to electronic transmissions. Electronic data and radio communications used in your WMS lower lead times exponentially. A WMS brings lead times to nearly zero, contributing greatly to your bottom line. The speed of this accuracy assists in everything from faster turnaround time to plans for loading trucks, freight ratings, personnel requirements and order prioritization.
Maximize Your Team
A well-designed WMS increases your team’s productivity. It can select tasks from a queue of all pending activities and prioritize them. It can also provide feedback to the management team to assist with future planning including peak labor hours. When you ship perfect orders, your demand history is not cluttered with repeat shipments or replacement materials for incorrectly shipped items, helping to ensure that your demand history is clean. The correct WMS not only improves your perfect order rate, it can use the history to predict future demand using a “best fit” algorithm to calculate demand.
A WMS can improve space utilization in your facility. The system can tell an operator where to put an item and maximize each slot for the best fit. Ensuring inventory is stored in the proper environment and used in the best order helps to minimize scrap, waste, and obsolescence. Improved record accuracy allows you to minimize safety stock, on hand quantities and lot sizes so you can achieve savings.
A WMS can improve capacity by allowing goods to move more quickly through the warehouse. A WMS provides quality information and with zero information lead time, it can allow you to reduce inventory levels. It can also use cross-docking to reduce handling and storage needs. Cross-docking can be an efficient way to achieve continuous flow throughout your operation. A WMS that can anticipate receipts, customer orders and item movements can maximize cross-docking opportunities.
Before selecting your WMS be sure the system you are considering has the right capabilities for your business. For help with selecting contact us today and we can assist you in understanding all your options.