The innovative blue safety light helps avoid forklift/pedestrian collisions. In the USA alone, there are 19,000 forklift/pedestrian accidents each year. Sure backup alarms are effective, but what happens when employees are listening to music, talking on cell phones, or staring at the ground?
That’s where the blue safety light can help! Install the blue light on the rear portion of the forklift’s overhead guard. A focused beam of blue light will appear on the ground behind the forklift.
Why consider Blue Safety Lights?
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) estimates that 110,000 forklift related accidents of which 85 fatal accidents occur every year.
- $135,000,000 immediate costs are incurred due to forklift accidents each year.
- Despite all efforts to promote workplace safety, an average addition of 94,750 forklift accidents are reported every year.
- Someone in US is killed in a forklift related accident once approximately every 3 work days.
- Nearly 80% of the forklift accidents involve a pedestrian.
- One in six of all workplace fatalities in US is forklift related.
- According to OSHA, approximately 70% of all accidents reported could have been avoided with proper safety.
Features and Benefits:
- Provides visual warning for pedestrians to promote greater safety
- Wide variety of applications from 12 to 48 volts
- Bright blue spot beam projects pattern clearly onto the ground
- UV resistant polycarbonate lens
- Rugged solid state LECs can withstand shock and vibration
- Longer-lasting LEDs mean never having to replace another bulb
- Tough aluminum housing helps prevent rust and corrosion
- Universal Mount
Want to learn more? Visit our Blue Safety Light page or contact us!