Companies that rely solely on reactive maintenance are essentially waiting for a problem to happen, and this can be a very costly move. Unplanned downtime can result in idle employees, halting the production line, missed deadline. Any unexpected failure of your equipment can mean having to pay technicians overtime and having to pay extra money for delivery of parts.
Preventive maintenance (PM) is key to any successful maintenance program for your forklift fleet. With preventive maintenance, vehicles are inspected, repaired, and maintained in such a way that defects are prevented from surfacing in the first place, before an accident can occur.
Well maintained equipment performs better than poorly maintained equipment. Taking the time to maintain your equipment on a regular schedule gets the best performance possible out of your fleet.
The performance of your equipment is intimately related to profits. Since you rely heavily on your equipment, the more efficiently and smoothly it is running the greater your ROI.
Basic important benefits of a KMH preventive maintenance program:
- Equipment downtime is decreased and the number of major repairs are reduced
- Better conservation of assets and increased life expectancy of assets, thereby eliminating premature replacement of machinery and equipment
- Reduced overtime costs and more economical use of maintenance workers due to working on a scheduled basis instead of a crash basis to repair breakdowns
- Timely, routine repairs circumvent fewer large-scale repairs
- Improved safety and quality conditions for everyone
KMH can help you in creating and maintaining certain equipment which can include a “preventive maintenance checklist” to significantly extend service life. Furthermore, other considerations such as weather and equipment are taken into account, and our regular servicing of our equipment will ensure you avoid any unnecessary downtimes.